IForum 2021:Pathways to Achieving Race Equity in Housing and Homelessness
Join us for our Final IForum of 2021!
December IForum: Pathways to Achieving Race Equity in Housing and Homelessness
Thursday, December 16th, 2021
As we work to dismantle systemic racism in the housing and homelessness system, it requires applying a racial equity lens at all levels including organizational, policy, advocacy, research, and community engagement. Partners continually ask, “How do I get started?” and “How do my agency and community partners work to center race equity in our work?” This IForum will explore both the policies and practices that have created inequities in housing in communities of color and highlight best practices to support organizations in creating a culture that embeds racial equity at its center.
• Peggy Bailey, Senior Advisor, Rental Assistance, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
• Susan Thomas, President, Melville Charitable Trust
• Amanda Andere, Chief Executive Officer, Funders Together to End Homelessness
• Jenita Hayes, Equity Manager, Supportive Housing Works/ Co-Founder of the CT Race Equity Network
• Abby Anderson, Founder, The Justice Walk, LLC
• Steven Hernandez, Executive Director, Commission on Women, Children, Seniors, Equity & Opportunity, CT General Assembly
For Full BIOs of our speakers click here.
For full agenda click here.