July 2021 IForum:
Housing Strategies for Wealth-Building in Communities of Color
On July 13th 2021, our summer IForum, Housing Strategies for Wealth-Building in Communities of Color, explored barriers to homeownership for communities of color in Connecticut, and examined ways to promote housing equity and opportunity through expanding access to homeownership. This event featured policy experts from Connecticut and beyond, who discussed programs available to prospective homebuyers throughout the state, with an emphasis on policy considerations that could result in wealth-building and improved outcomes for communities of color.
Presenters for the July 2021 IForum included:
- Jenny Schuetz, Senior Fellow - Metropolitan Policy Program, Brookings Institution
- Thalia Giraldo, Associate Director of Innovation Initiatives, Trinity College, and Connecticut-based housing researcher
- Recommended reading: Building A More Equitable Homebuying System
- Julian Pierce (moderator), Manager - Economic Opportunity Program, Fairfield County's Community Foundation
- Karraine Moody, Chief Executive Officer, Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity
- Chris Troxell, Senior Vice President - General Auditor, Liberty Bank
Click here to view a flyer for the 2021 IForum.