July 2021 IForum:
Housing Strategies for Wealth-Building in Communities of Color
July 13, 2021, 10:00-11:30am
This virtual event will explore barriers to homeownership for communities of color in Connecticut, and examine ways to promote housing equity and opportunity through expanding access to homeownership. This event will feature policy experts from Connecticut and beyond, discussing current programs available to prospective homebuyers throughout the state, with an emphasis on policy considerations that may result in wealth-building and improved outcomes for communities of color.
This event is the second in the Partnership's 2021 IForum Series, which is dedicated to engaging the public in the discussion of important housing issues on the local, state, and national levels. Learn more about the 2021 IForum Series here: https://www.pschousing.org/iforum-series
Presenters for the July 2021 IForum include:
- Jenny Schuetz, Senior Fellow - Metropolitan Policy Program, Brookings Institution
- Thalia Giraldo, Associate Director of Innovation Initiatives, Trinity College, and Connecticut-based housing researcher
- Recommended reading: Building A More Equitable Homebuying System
- Julian Pierce (moderator), Manager - Economic Opportunity Program, Fairfield County's Community Foundation
- Karraine Moody, Chief Executive Officer, Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity
- Chris Troxell, Senior Vice President - General Auditor, Liberty Bank
Click here to view a flyer for the 2021 IForum.
Register for the July 2021 IForum here.