The CT Housing Finance Authority approved the award of $7.49 million in tax credits to seven affordable housing developers. The funds from the 9 percent federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program will be awarded to developments in Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, Simsbury, and Waterbury. The tax credits will provide funding to build or rehabilitate 347 affordable housing units.
Below is a list of the developments receiving funding.
- St. Paul Commons, Bridgeport – This development will build 56 units for low and moderate income families. 12 of the units will be supportive housing.
- Twin Acres, Hartford – This development will be rehabilitated and create 10 new units. The development wll have 10 market rate units and 40 for households with incomes ranging from at or below 25% of Area Median Income to 60% of AMI.
- Summit Park, Hartford –42 units will be rehabilitated and all will be rented to households with incomes ranging from at or below 25% of Area Median Income to 60% of AMI.
- Fair Haven, New Haven- This development will create 63 affordable housing units.
- Ribicoff Cottages, New Haven – This development will create 100 new mixed income housing units with 11 units offered at market rate rents and the majority will be targeted to households making 60% or less of AMI. 11 of the units will offer supportive services.
- Simsbury Specialty Housing, Simsbury – This development will have 48 units of 100% affordable rental housing for people with disabilities.
- South Main/East Liberty Apartments, Waterbury – This development will create 33 new affordable units for households with incomes at or below 25% and 50% of AMI.
View a list of the properties.
Click here to read the press release.