The Dept of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in conjunction with the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that HUD will provide $72.6 million to public housing agencies in all 50 states and the District of Columbia in the form of voucher allocations. The funds will be provided through HUD’s Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program (HUD-VASH) and will be used to supply permanent housing and case management for more than 10,000 veterans.
Connecticut will receive a total of $1,455,164 and 165 vouchers:
- The Hartford Housing Authority will receive $397,939 and 50 vouchers.
- The Housing Authority of the City of New Haven will receive $554,148 and 50 vouchers.
- The Waterbury Housing Authority will receive $257,629 and 40 vouchers.
- The West Haven Housing Authority will receive $137,064 and 15 vouchers.
- The Connecticut Department of Social Services in Bridgeport will receive $108,384 and 10 vouchers.
The full press release is available here.