With the beginning of his second term approaching, Gov. Malloy has announced re-appointments for several officials in his administration. Re-appointments announced thus far include:
- Benjamin Barnes as Secretary of the Office of Policy and Management
- Mark Ojakian as Chief of Staff
- Evonne Klein as Commissioner of the Department of Housing
- Patricia A. Rehmer as Commissioner of the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Roderick L. Bremby as Commissioner of the Department of Social Services
- James P. Redeker as Commissioner of the Department of Transportation
- Catherine Smith as Commissioner of the Department of Economic and Community Development
- Dr. Jewel Mullen as Commissioner of the Department of Public Health
- Rob Klee as Commissioner of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Kevin Sullivan as Commissioner of the Department of Revenue Services
- Sharon Palmer as Commissioner of the Department of Labor
- Steven K. Reviczky as Commissioner of the Department of Agriculture
- Dr. Myra Jones-Taylor as Commissioner of Office of Early Childhood
Also, Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Commissioner Donald DeFronzo has announced that he will retire in January and the Governor has stated that he will appoint current Department of Motor Vehicles Commissioner Melody Currey to serve as the next DAS Commissioner. Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) Commissioner William M. Rubenstein has also state that he intends to retire in January. No successor for the role of DCP Commissioner has been announced to date.
Stefan Pryor, commissioner for the Connecticut State Department of Education, announced over the summer that he will be departing in January and Connecticut Insurance Department Commissioner Tom Leonardi is leaving to return to the private sector. General counsel Luke Bronin is departing, along with Malloy's communications director Andrew Doba; Malloy has announced Mark Bergman as Doba's successor.
Click here to visit the website of the Office of the Governor for the latest information.