The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development released its strategic plan for fiscal year 2018-2022. According to the report, HUD’s primary goals are to “Rethink American Communities” and “Reimagine the Way HUD Works.”
HUD plans to achieve its priority goals by implementing the following strategies:
- Promoting economic opportunity by supporting self-sufficiency and financial stability among households that are exiting HUD-assisted housing and expanding coordination and partnership of supportive services at the local level.
- Enhancing rental assistance by developing and implementing creative sustainable transitioning strategy of public housing units.
- Reducing the average length of homelessness so that homelessness experiences are rare, brief and non-reoccurring.
- Supporting sustainable homeownership and financial viability.
- Removing lead-based hazards and other health risks from homes.
- Organizing and delivering services more effectively.
The report also highlights management objectives on how to reach the strategic goals.
Click here to read the strategic plan.