Terry Nowakowski, LCSW, ACHE joined the Partnership in Sept 2017 as the Chief Operating Officer. She is a Healthcare Executive with twenty plus years of healthcare and human services experience in a wide range of public and private institutions in CT, and is locally and nationally recognized in her work in trauma-informed, gender responsive and culturally competent clinical care. She now works as a Consultant for the Partnership for Strong Communities.
Prior to joining PSC, Terry was the Service Area Director of Behavioral Health Services at The Connection and a member of their CORE Executive Team. Before that, Terry spent three years as Regional Administrator at DCF, reporting directly to Commissioner Joette Katz. Prior to this appointment, Terry has held diverse roles in a range of organizations, including:
- Deputy Director of Statewide Services for DMHAS
- VP of the Connecticut Service Center at Value Options
- Sr. VP of New Business & Network Development at PractiCare
- Director of Managed Care at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Director of Provider Hospital Organization & Provider Relations at St. Francis/Mount Sinai Hospital & Healthcare System
Terry considers her greatest accomplishment to be her family and she is now a grandmother of nine. She has a BA from the University of Connecticut in Sociology & Psychology and an MSW from Springfield College.